Monday, April 11, 2011

If you're like me, and wish you were a runner...


Ever wished you could run like the wind? I'm taking Forrest Gump-style. Wind in your hair and stuff.

Running 'aint the easiest thing, if you're not used to it.
I have never been a good runner.

So when I came across the Robert Ullrey's Couch to 5k podcasts I was keen to see if this would actually work for me.
Basically the program runs for 8 weeks and is aimed at getting you from walking to running a full 5kms non-stop by the end of it. Each week you do intervals of running and walking, with Robert talking you through, telling you when to walk and when to run. The music that is played it quite uplifting too, so along with Robert cheering you on, you'll find it easy to stay focused and motivated.

Now I initially tried this program a couple of years ago, and sure enough, by the time I got to week 5 or 6 I was feeling confident enough that instead of stopping when Robert told me, I just kept on running!
After feeling like I couldn't run for so long, it only took me just over a month to be running 25-30 minutes non-stop!

I would love to tell you that over the past couple of years I have been running non-stop and that I was at marathon running level... but, I'm not.
I feel off the wagon and it took me quite some time to get back on.
Well, I'm back in running mode now, and I'm determined to get back up to running 25-30 minutes non-stop!

So I have started the program again (this time at week 3 as I found the first couple of weeks a little too easy) and I have just signed up for a 4km fun-run next month! I would like to have had a little more prep time to build up my agility but I'm determined to run that 4kms by next month - eeeek...

I would love to hear from you if you've used Robert's podcast before! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...