Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm not indecisive, I'm a scanner!


A while back I posted about career paths and how hard it can be to decide on one thing you can truly see yourself being when you 'grow up'.

Today I came across a totally awesome post on Sarah Wilson's blog about how she discovered that she's not actually indecisive and unfocused, she's simply a scanner!

Sarah caught up with Barbara Sher, a New York based author of 7 bestselling books. Barbara believes that people like Sarah (and me!) aren't unfocused and weak, but they're simply interested in multiple things at once.

Me? I have ideas pop into my head all the time about what I want to be when I grow up and what makes me happy.
If you can relate, Barbara suggests keeping a 'scanner daybook'. A kinda-journal in which you jot down things that excite you.
I'm going to give it a go myself. Writing stuff down helps put it out there and enables you to expand on your ideas and refer back to them at a later date.

Can you relate? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...