Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Product review - miessence mint toothpaste


As part of my attempt to clean up my make-up and skin care products I thought I would give a natural toothpaste a go.
I mean, the normal ones we see on our supermarket shelves are packed with sugar, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), parabens, sodium hydroxide and synthetic colours, along with a few other nasty things.
Did you know that sodium hydroxide is the chemical name for lew - a drain cleaner!
Yep, it's in your regular tube of toothpaste. Might be part of the reason the box states 'if more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help'... hmmm...

So I ordered a tube of the Miessence mint toothpaste. The ingredient list was clean. It contains aloe vera, baking soda, non-GMO xanthan gum, sea salt, stevia extract, and spearmint, peppermint, cinnamon and clove essential oil.

Now, I have to say that the flavour was pretty gross for me. I thought it would be more minty. I did feel as though I may as well be brushing with baking soda straight out of the container (which isn't such a bad idea really).

How well did it work you ask? Well, I have to say that after 3 days of use I caved and gave up. This is the first clean product I have come across so far that I really didn't enjoy.
The ingredient list was great. But for me, if I am going to have to brush my teeth with it and taste it, I want something that's not going to make me gag.

So, I'm still on the hunt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...