Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sweet weekend - dry brushing

Happy weekend!

A couple of weeks ago I came across an article about dry brushing. Sounds a little weird right?!
Well, think of it like this, a massage for your body, but with a brush instead of hands.

Dry brushing, while fairly new to many of us, has been around for centuries. The Russians, Turks and Scandinavians used this technique way back when to detox through the skin.

Check out this video on what exactly dry brushing looks like:



By becoming a regular dry-brusher, you are helping your skin to not only detox, but to remove dead skin cells, help improve cellulite, tighten the skin, tones the muscles, strengthen the immune system and help digestion. Not only that but it's quite invigorating!

I have been dry-brushing for the past week and I really like it. It not only helps wake me up in the morning, but I have noticed my skin isn't dry and flakey like it can be.
Especially coming up to Winter here, where many of us struggle with extremely dry skin, this is an easy, cost effective technique that I personally will be keeping up.

Give it a go and let me know what you think!

Do you dry-brush?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...