Thursday, March 17, 2011

Product review - Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation


A few weeks back I reported on my search for a great foundation and how I had come across RMS Beauty "un" cover-up.
Now, while I was happy with the result I got from this cover-up/foundation, I wanted something that was going to give me a little more coverage and would last me through the long work-day ahead, or a night out on the town.

So I placed an order for Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation, a loose powder foundation that I sourced through my favourite US make-up supplier, spiritbeautylounge. At at $22 a pop, I thought this was pretty good value, that is of course as long as I was happy with the end result it gave me...

Initially I struggled with the powder as it seemed to highlight dry areas of my skin. However, in the past couple of weeks I have now realised that it wasn't the foundation that was the problem, it was my cleanser and moisturiser that wasn't quite cutting it.
So, I changed my skincare (I'll update on this soon) and voila, my skin looked great, and in turn my make-up looked great too!

It goes on easily and you don't need to use much to give good coverage. I find it lasts all day long and can be topped up if needed when heading straight from work out to dinner.
Plus, the colour I ordered (straw) was perfect for my skin tone. No nasty make-up lines in sight!
When I am after a slightly darker, more bronzed look, I add one of Alima's bronzers afterwards to highlight my cheekbones.

One important tip I have to add is to make sure you get your skincare system right before trying to update your foundation. This was a great lesson to learn for me.
No matter what your foundation is and how much you have invested in it, it will look bad if your skin is dry and not cared for properly.

All in all, I'm really happy with the foundation. I have been using it for around 2 months and have just run out this week. As it's a pretty good price I'm happy with this result.

What's your fave foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...