Thursday, February 3, 2011

Product review - RMS Beauty "un" cover-up


I think I might just be in love with a whole lotta products from the RMS Beauty range.

Ever since I started going clean I have been on the hunt for a good foundation. And I mean a really good foundation.

You see I used to be a Mac devotee. I loved so many of their products. But I love my skin and my health more.

So I thought I'd give the RMS one a go. Now, it isn't exactly promoted as a foundation, more of a cover up/concealer.  And when the teeny tiny pot arrived in the mail I thought it was a bit of a rip off as it looked like it would only last me a week at most, and that is if I used it on a quarter of my face.

Well, funny thing that. One week on and I don't even seem to have made a dent in the pot at all!
I have been using it as an overall foundation and I really love the look it gives my skin.
When I used Mac I found I got more of a matt look (I also used a powder to set the make-up) but with RMS I used it on it's own and I found it gave my skin a nice dewey look which I just love.
It doesn't seem to stay on as well as my old foundation, especially after a hot day (thanks for the heatwave Melbourne!) but all in all it's pretty damn good.
What I also love is the fact that it blends so well. It's light so it's not a heavy, caked-on look, but it covers up redness and imperfections pretty well.

So I think I might just be converted!
I wouldn't mind continuing the search for a slightly heavier foundation that I can use when going out at night or when I want a little more coverage but for now this one's pretty damn good.
And I must say that there's another couple of products in this line that I am loving just as much and will update you on over the coming weeks.

Have you used RMS Beauty products? 

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for rapture lip2cheek to be restocked so I can buy the other stuff too at the same time! What do you think of the un-coverup? Btw, I do live in Melbourne too, how long did yours take to arrive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asti.
    I love the un-cover up. I have only just re-ordered my second pot and so with over 8 months of use out of my first one I have to say I'm pretty happy with that!
    Orders I make through spiritbeautynet.com usually take less than a couple of weeks ot arrive (standard delivery). Only thing is that delivery rates seem to be much more expensive than they used to be which is a shame...

    ReplyDelete

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...