Friday, February 4, 2011

I heart love

Well, Valentine's Day is just over a week away now (14th Feb for all those forgetful fellas out there!)
Personally, while I'm a fan of the love that's in the air on V-Day, I think the money spent and the emphasis put on showing someone you love them on one day of the year is all a bit crazy.

I mean, check out the price of flowers - it's totally ludicrous!

I tell my hubby to give the flowers a miss, I would much rather he bought them on a random day, as they would mean much more to me.

What I do love is a beautiful card or letter to your love telling them how much they mean to you.

And if you're feeling crafty, how about making something? You'll earn big points doing something like this, I promise!

Or, if that's out of the question, then maybe you could just buy something that someone else has made? These hand cut heart garlands from PaperPolaroid are just gorgeous.
Or maybe if words of love are more your style then this special memory book from Kikki K is up your alley.
I got this for my hubby and left it for him to read on the morning of our wedding.
They also have ones for Mums, Dads and gradparents. I gave one to my Mum on my wedding day as well. She is very special to me and she had made me the most amazing wedding dress that I simply adored and was so grateful to her for.

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...