Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cleansing update


Today I'm onto day 3 of my End of Summer Body Cleanse.


When I started the cleanse I was a little worried about what the first couple of days would be like. I knew that cutting out things like sugar and caffeine often lead to headaches and feeling a little lackluster initially. Well, after day 1 I was feeling quite cocky. I had no cravings, no headaches, and I was feeling pretty damn good.
That is, up until lunchtime yesterday... The headache came and I took myself to bed early because I was totally exhausted.
Today I'm feeling better. Still a little hazy and a dull headache but fingers crossed I'm over the worst part.

So let me give you a quick run down on what exactly is involved in the cleanse.
- cutting out dairy, meat, alcohol, most grains, sugar, coffee and soft drinks
- adding in lots of veggies, fruit, water, legumes/nuts and good fats like olive oil, coconut oil and avocado
- morning cleansing shake
- evening probiotic
- lemon water on waking
- light exercise daily
- sunshine :)


I have to say that the biggest surprise for me so far is just how much variety is out there when you take away so many of the things that we eat on a daily basis. And a big thanks to Nat on this one too. Check out her blog for the yummy curry and coconut dahl I have made so far - delish!


So onward and upward from here. Let's hope I'm feel brand spanking new by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...