Friday, February 18, 2011

Skincare at home - baking soda


A while back I posted about food for your face; natural, made-at-home skincare.

Well, I thought I'd add some more awesome products to the list. Many are likely to be lurking in your pantry, and might not have been touched in quite some time.

First up is baking soda...
  • excessive sweating/natural deodorant
Baking soda not only returns the skin's pH to normal, but it also helps kill the excess bacteria that can cause body odour.
  • natural shampoo
Now this one might seem a bit weird but it works great as a replacement for your chemical-ridden shampoo. It can make your hair a little tangled and dry (it's great if you have oily hair) so make sure you condition afterwards.
  • Toothpaste/teeth whitener
I got this tip way back when I was a teenager and my orthodontist told me about how I could naturally whiten my teeth. Now, it doesn't taste the best but it gives your teeth a great clean and with continued use can make them brighter and whiter.
  • Relief from bug bites
I haven't tried this one out myself but I have heard that mixed with a little water to make a paste, baking soda can relieve itching, irritated skin if you have been bitten by a bug.
  • As a face mask to dry out acne
If you suffer from acne this one could be a great, natural alternative to harsh chemicals on your skin. Baking soda dries out the pimples and can prevent new acne from forming.

So, there you have it! I'm sure there's plenty more ways to make use out of this little miracle product.

Apart from in the kitchen, what do you use baking soda for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...