Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Avoiding Christmas stress


A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to finish my Christmas shopping by the 1st December this year. All in good time to avoid the packed car parks, long queues and last minute indecision.

Having 3 families to buy for, including 7 nieces and nephews, I'm sure you can understand where I am coming from.

So isn't Christmas meant to be about spending time with family, giving to those you love (or those less fortunate than ourselves) and sitting back to relax and eat ourselves silly?
Then why does it seem these days it's all about one thing - stress?!

Maybe it's as I get older I seem to notice this more. Or perhaps it's the hectic lives we are all now living.
One thing's for sure is that we all need to take a step back and think about what this time of year is truly about.

Easier said than done you say?
I guess it can seem that way.

A few pieces of advice that I can give to anyone out there dreading the next few weeks instead of looking forward to the silly season is to try to be organised, avoid any last minute shopping rushes if possible, make lists of things you need to do/buy instead of getting to the shops and leaving empty handed with a killer headache, and make sure you make time to enjoy spending time with family and friends.

So now we've hit the 8th December and have I finished my shopping like I said I would? Well, I'm almost there... I can't bare the thought of heading back to the shops again so I might just have do do some last minute shopping on the net to help save my sanity!

How do you deal with stress at this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...