Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Creating postive change


Today I came across a post by BeautifulYou about a the upcoming Endangered Species: Preserving the Female Body international summit, inviting all of us to challenge the negative culture that teaches females to hate their bodies.

Negative body image is something I hold very close to my heart.
Like many others out there I have been through many years of judging, picking-apart and criticising my own body.
As I now reach my almost-30's it is only recently that I have started to realise what a poisonous effect these negative thoughts can have towards my self-esteem and overall well being.

Julie from BeautifulYou is inviting all amazing women out there to get involved in creating positive change for woman and girls by putting your ideas out there by addressing one (or all) of the below questions:

Why is body image important to you and what would you like to be your wider community's body image legacy?

What is your one big idea (or even ideas) as to how we can create a more positive body image culture that helps girls and women of all shapes and sizes love and respect their bodies.

What is a significant part of the media, education, health and/or wider community that you believe needs to change to better support girls and women to have positive body image?  What would you do to change it?

You can email your thoughts through to Julie by commenting on her blog or emailing her at beautifulyoublog@gmail.com.

Get involved and help change the future for the next generation of amazing women out there!

I will be checking back in over the next few days to share some of my ideas.

x

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou so much for sharing this information - I so appreciate it. I am passionate about hearing as many positive body image voices as possible and can't wait to hear your big idea and those of your readers as well!

    ReplyDelete

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...