Thursday, January 13, 2011

Product review - RMS Beauty Raw Coconut Cream


Now, a couple of months ago if someone told me to try out this product I would have thought 'hells no! Why would I put coconut oil on my face and body?! oil = pimples - no thank you!'

However, after reading more about how oils like coconut and jojoba in fact help to rebalance the oil production of your skin without blocking pores I was intrigued.

I came across RMS Beauty Raw Coconut Cream which is cold-pressed, organic, pure coconut oil.

Coconut oil is a natural antioxident and is known for its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. Believe ir or not it is in fact great for acne prone skin! Just make sure you use a high quality cold pressed one like RMS Beauty.

I started off by using this as a make-up remover and man, did it work brilliantly! My eye makeup came off with not much effort at all, and added moisture to my skin at the same time. Not only that but it also conditions your lashes as well.
The other thing I am now using it for is a daily body moisturiser. The smell is just divine and I find I don't need much at all to add moisture to my skin. It's absorbed really well too.

So yep, I have now been converted and my old paraben-ridden moisturiser has been binned!

Do you use oils like coconut or jojoba? 

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this for quite some time, I've tried coconut oil before and simply love it, but I want to experience RMS'S one too!
    I also use Jurlique's Jojoba oil on a daily basis and have been for quite a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to give jojoba a go too. Maybe on my next shopping expedition I'll have to pick some up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use this as a moisturiser, or just a cleanser? I saw this on the RMS Beauty site and would like to give it a go! (also, where did you order it from?) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I have used this as both a cleanser (mainly to get my eye make-up off - it's gentle and adds moisture to the eye area and lashes at the same time) as well as a moisturiser. I do find though that on my face I need a richer moisturiser as I have quite dry skin, however it works great as a body moisturiser. Only thing is it's not a huge pot so I probably wouldn't use it all over every day as it wouldn't last long.
    I got mine from www.spiritbeautylounge.com. They are based in the US but ship to Australia and they have some awesome clean products on there.
    Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thanks! I actually just bought Darphin Chamomile Oil - hideously expensive but apparently has recently been reformulated to contain all (or almost all) natural & organic ingredients. Will check out that website though!

    ReplyDelete

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...