Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Product review - Soapwalla Kitchen Deodorant Cream


A while back I wrote about my quest to find a clean (and effective) deodorant.

Finding something that was not only free of aluminium and parabens, but at the same time actually effective was easier said than done.

I have since tried a few, with one of my fave's being Crystal Body Deodorant.  The only thing was on really humid days or after excessive exercise I found that it really didn't hold up like my old 'dirty' deodorant used to. Not only that, it was totally fragrance free. A good thing in terms of 'clean-ness' I know, but I miss having that clean, fresh smell under my arms.

So I continued the hunt and came across Soapwalla Kitchen Deodorant Cream. Soapwalla Kitchen is the baby of Brooklyn girl Rachel. Rachel makes her own products that are free of harmful chemicals and never tested on animals.
My only concern with the deo cream was that it came in a tub and you had to put it on by hand. But can I tell you, getting used to the slightly quirky application technique is seriously no big deal. Just rub it on gently after you shower and rinse the excess off your hands (oh, and make sure you allow some time for it to dry before putting your clothes on too).
It has a wonderful fresh and light scent that I found I missed with the Crystal Body Deodorant. Plus, it actually lasts - seriously, this stuff is awesome!
I've even got hubby onto using it and have already placed my order for a couple more tubs!

How is your hunt for a clean deodorant going? Any good finds?

1 comment:

  1. it's good to know there's some good green alternative to our usual "dirty" deodorants. I, like previously admitted, couldn't give up my usual dirty deodorant. Not yet. Maybe with more positive reviews like this one, I'll find the courage to switch... Maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...