Friday, January 21, 2011

Product review - Dr Bronner's Magic Soaps

Dr Bronner's is an American company that has been around for over 60 years, creating a range of Fair Trade, organic skincare products including liquid and bar soaps, lip balms and body lotions.

Their liquid soaps are pretty much an all-in-one show. They can be used as a liquid soap in the shower (for both body and hair) and if you're a little more adventurous you can try them out as an everyday cleaner or to clean your clothes in the wash.

I tried the Citrus Liquid Soap as well as the Citrus Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Price-wise they're pretty good and I liked the idea that the soap could be used as an all-in-one.

So after a few goes I found I quite liked the liquid soap but only as a body soap, not on my hair.
On my hair it felt like it really got my hair clean but it left it fairly dry and I wasn't a huge fan of the smell either.
The hair rinse on the other hand was pretty damn average.
To use you need to mix it with some water in a cup and I found mine came our in big globs and was near impossible to mix properly into the water. The result was globs of gross brown gunk all over the shower floor with little on my hair.

So the verdict on this one is that while I would buy the liquid soap again I wouldn't go back for seconds of the conditioning hair rinse.

Have you used Dr Bronner's products before? What's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...